Current Employment Opportunities
Position: Paraprofessional - Special Education
Date Posted: September 12, 2022
Date Start: SY 2022-2023
Education Requirements: High school diploma; Associate's degree perferred
Experience, Skill, Certification:
- Must meet Highly Qualified criteria for state licensure of either: -
- 2 years of college course credits; - Associate’s degree; or - Passing grade on the state approved assessment.
- Demonstrable ability to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher and to guide students with enrichment, remedial, and independent work as set up by the teacher
- Knowledge of general office computer software applications, as well as use of the internet
- Appropriate oral and written communications skills with students, parents, and co-workers
- Must have the physical ability, dexterity, endurance, and temperament to work with students having special needs
- NOTE: For certain student populations, position may require specialized training (SID/PID, autism); the ability to lift and physically manage students who may weigh over 100 pounds; the use of specialized equipment; the ability to assist with or perform personal activities such as feeding, toileting and diapering; or other special abilities. If necessary, these will be discussed in the interview.
- Assists with instruction for assigned students in support of, and under the direction of, the teacher.
- Prepares activities under the guidance of the Classroom Teacher including preparation of bulletin boards, displays, exhibits, and related classroom and school displays
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Assists Classroom Teacher with non-instructional duties such as: breakfast/snack/lunch time, bathroom, and/or clothing routines, and procedures to ensure the supervision and safety of students.
- Assists individuals and/or small groups of students in various educational settings including the media center, computer lab, and community-based instructional settings.
- Assists with clerical duties under the direction of the Classroom Teacher or Principal.
- Assists with instruction in the physical education program as necessary.
- Performs other duties as necessary for the effectiveness of the organization.
- Performs other duties as necessary for the effectiveness of the organization and the safety of students and staff.
Terms of Employment: Incumbents will receive an annual contract. The work calendar will be 190 days. Salary will be determined based on level of certification and allowable experience.
Oglethorpe Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity or service.
Please send resumes to Kevin Wall, Principal, at Kevin.Wall@sccpss.com